Update 0.45 is here with a load of new features. Custom models/cosmetics, new player model animations, new grenade launcher model, end game item drops, rag doll deaths, crouching, and more.
0.45.0 is our character & animation update. We've decided to split training into another release. This allows us to deliver the character & animation build earlier :) Training will become 46, I'll update the road map thread shortly.
New Player Models
- We've added character customisation where you can mix & match different robot parts.
- There are now 5 robots: hostile, dedlock, sentinel, tracker & hornet.
- We've changed player colouring so you CAN set your own colour in non-team modes
- Added a "glow color" you can now specify
Implemented new animations:
- We've done a full animation pass.
- We've added additive animations so the player smoothly looks around now.
- We've added IK so player feet stand on ground / ramps correctly
- We've added ragdoll (configurable in game options)
- We've made the feet lead to and pull away from the ground when jumping to make bunny hopping look "real" :)
- Standard melees & robot parts now have a chance of dropping at the end of a match.
- Grenade launcher has received it's art pass.
- We've added +crouch
- It does change the hitbox, it's a smooth transition from big<->small
- When crouched you move slower
- You can crouch in the air, so you can jump into small gaps.
- Cleaned up color overrides to be cl_colors_relative, cl_colors_enemy, cl_colors_friend. Color overrides only work when you are playing. When you are spectating it always uses the team color (or players color if not in team game)
- Profile UI now shows if you have multiple of an item
- Updated in-game roadmap
- Silhouettes can now be any colour
- Gibs/ragdoll colours & silhouette colours are now updated when you change team / colour override settings
- Added workshop buttons to title in scoreboard
- Clicking map title on scoreboard takes you to workshop
- Now get +10xp for a kill
- Carnage effect no-longer makes player go black. (helps with readability)
- Shotgun experimental now in core game
- Plasma experimental now in core game
- Flag Drag experimental now in core game
- Fixed time-code display in replay editor
- No swim animations yet
- Golden morning star isn't attaching correctly, will fix in first point release
Links: Reflex Forums Announcement, Development Roadmap