In celebration of the Early Access announcement, id Software had a Twitch livestream on Friday, August 18.
The team is ready to talk Early Access, the Champions Pack, the Early Access game update, DOOM Slayer, the launch of Quake Champions on Steam on 8/22, upcoming game fixes and improvements, and the future of Quake Champions. In addition, we'll be taking your questions live during the stream. We'll be grabbing questions in Twitch chat, on social media, and here on the forums, so feel free to ask us anything you want.
Disclaimer: List taken from reddit.com, might not be 100% complete or accurate
- A lot more lore is coming to Q:C such as champion rivalries, gods, stuff like that
- There's going to be collectable lore items in the pots
- Beginner levels for people to learn the basics of items and weapons
- You don't leave the match now after it ends! You get sent back to the pillar lobby
- Specific challenges for each Champion that you earn and unlock specific exclusive customization options for them
- Quakecon lightning gun skin: you can get one only if you play during Quakecon, it's free. It's also orange.
- Voice chat added
- New duel map is coming soon (fast, lots of verticality (I wonder if it's a remake of aerowalk))
- Anarki, Nyx and Slash are getting thicc-er hitboxes
- CTF is heavily considered and they would love to add it later on
- Rockets ~should~ be fixed
- You won't lose your customization stuff if you buy it in Early Access (I assume no inventory wipes any more?)
- Doom Slayer won't speak
- No plans for offline bots due to security issues
- A robust crosshair system is being worked on
- vulkan is being worked on, but no ETA given
- maxfps setting is coming
- community maps not coming any time soon
- speed caps are there to stay
- solo players will still be matched against parties in team modes, although they do try to match with other parties first
- they refused to give an answer on whether demos are coming, don't know what to make of this one