Scheduled: 11:00 CDT, 10 June 2012 to 18:00 CDT, 10 June 2012
gaiia from DS-Gaming is back, and this time I'm announcing the Summer 2012 CPM TDM Draft Cup! The CTF Draft cup was very successful in terms of teams, as we had 12 of them, and so I decided to host an another one!
IMPORTANT NOTE: eThaD has taken over the admining for this cup, as I have to leave due to health concerns. If you want to sign up or have any questions regarding the cup, pm esc|eThaD on IRC.
Depending on the amount of sign-ups and possible captains, the tournament system may be changed. The cup will be similar to the CTF one.
Date: 09:00 CDT, 17 June 2012
Team size: 4v4
Game Version: CPMa 1.48
Stream/shoutcasting provided by: TBA
A draft tournament means that although the game type is 4v4 TDM you don't sign up as a team. Instead, every player who wishes to play in the tournament signs up individually and states, whether or not he would like to act as a captain.
On a given date (in this tournament the 17th of June) the sign-ups close and the captains "draft" a player on his/her team one by one. This leads to some extent fairer teams than the usual approach.
The teams formed this way are then used to battle out against each other in friendly games of CPM TDM. The actual system (Round-robin groups, Elimination brackets etc.) will be decided later, since it is hard to estimate the number of teams.
1) At 11:00 CDT, 10 June 2012, the sign-ups close. Captains should join #cpmtdmdraft.
2) At 11:15 CDT the captains for the cup are announced and are given 15 minutes to come up with a name and to create an IRC channel for his/her team.
3) At 11:30 CDT the captains start picking players.
4) When you're picked by a captain, you're given an IRC channel in a private message. Join that channel and leave #cpmtdmdraft.
5) When all the players have been picked the drafting stage is over. From this point onwards, the captains of the teams are responsible for communicating with the admins and with the players on his/her team.
6) The actual tournament takes place on 09:00 CDT, 10 June 2012. The system depends on the amount of teams, and will be announced later. The tournament is meant to be held over a course of one day.
The sign-ups are open until 11:00 CDT, 10 June 2012. After the sign-up closes, all captains must join the official IRC channel for the tournament, #cpmtdmdraft on Quakenet.
To sign up, send eThaD a message on IRC.
Please note: I had a mixup in the thread about the date of the cup. The sign-ups close on the 10th of June, and that is when the teams will be picked also. (From 11:00 CDT onwards.) The cup itself is held on the 17th of June!
The time of the cup has been changed. The tournament will now start at 15:00 CET on the 17th of June, Sunday.
Links: How to install CPMa || #cpmtdmdraft
Edited by gaiia at 09:45 CDT, 9 June 2012 - 17217 Hits