this manual will explain to you how to run your own dedicated quakelive server on a linux box.
WARNING: RUNNING THIS SERVER MIGHT GET YOUR QL ACCOUNT BANNED!
Waiting for an official statement by id is recommended.
– an updated 32bit linux installation of quakelive to copy files from (www.quakelive.com)
– qll (binary, source)
– make a directory for the server
– copy quakelive client files:
quakelive.i386.so (found in ~/.quakelive/quakelive/home/ba
– copy qll binary to server directory (don’t forget to chmod +x qll)
server directory should look like this:
– run qll as you would run q3ded or etded, for example:
./qll +set dedicated 2 +set fs_homepath /home/user/.quakelive +set fs_ba
what isn’t supported:
– server doesn’t show up in quakelive.com server browser
post if something goes wrong!
polska manual coming soon
Edited by becks at 08:47 GMT, 7 December 2009 - 35644 Hits