Is annoying the hell out of me now.
I've had my Sony MD player for 4 and half years and it's stopped recording, though it still plays fine. Now this has given me a good excuse to buy a new MP3 player. So i was originally looking at the Sony NW-HD5H
. Now i noticed this was removed from a few websites that i was previously looking at so i did a bit of searching about to find out Sony has something new on the horizon. The Sony NW-A3000
. Ok, this looks cool and it's supposed to have better functions than the HD5 but it's slightly bigger and it's 20 GB instead of 30GB and it doesn't have a replacable battery like the HD5.
So theres the dilema at the moment. I'm waiting for a detailed review to come out before i make my mind up though. But what annoys me is that Sony decide to come out with something new altogether which isn't better than what they had previously. Why didn't they just work around the HD5. Whack in a colour screen, maybe alter the button alignment and tweak it a little to make it easier browsing through your playlists. It would of been great then, something that could stand up with Apple. I'm reluctant to purchase an ipod for several reasons. Sony tend to have better sound quality and the battery life is double of what Apple can offer.
So, after i spent a while browsing trying to find out as much info about this new Sony MP3 player i noticed they have released a new phone. The Sony W900. I need a new phone as well, my current nokia is a load of crap. But i think Sony are definitely on to something with this new phone.
Some of the main features :
-109 x 49 x 24 mm and 148 grams
- Black and White
- Swiveling keypad form factor with Automatic rotating effect (opens with “the lightest of touches”)
- Triband GSM 900/1800/1900 and UMTS
- 2.2″ 320x240 (QVGA) 262k color TFT screen
- 2megapixel camera with autofocus, flashlight and 8x digital zoom with video recording at 30fps
- Frontal VGA camera for videocalls
- Full screen video playback at 30fps
- Bluetooth, Infrared and Fast Port
- Memory Stick PRO Duo slot (with cards currently available up to 2gb, 4gb in the future)
- 470mb internal memory (for between 120 and 240 songs)
- Stereo Handsfree with remote control and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Radio FM with RDS
- Support for MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV and XMF
- 40-tone polyphonics
- Java2ME with high performance 3D gaming engine (Asphalt Urban GT 3D, PowerBall Arcade 3D and QuadraPop games included, some played horizontally)
- Macromedia Flash Lite
Now that is sweet. Not only that, it actually looks good
High quality pictures of the new Sony AV-1000 and AV-3000 :
AV-1000 + AV-3000
Sony AV-3000 and the Sony NW-HD5
Sony AV-1000, Sony NW-HD5 and the AV-3000
Sony AV-1000 and the Sony NW-HD5 (side angle)
Another angle shot of the Sony AV-1000 and the Sony NW-HD5
Sony AV-3000 and the Sony NW-HD5 (side angle)