A lot of people ask what will be different from CPMA, and the developers have said they are using CPMA as a base only and they expect things to change. Here's some random ideas:
- less air control (but more than Quake Live)
- "curved" rockets which maintain some kind of momentum after they are fired (something like this http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/curveball
- have the railgun start charging after being equipped. it can be fired at any time but for less damage. full charge time would be equal to current delay between shots.
- infinite range on the lg, but with significant damage fall off
- grenades which explode after a certain amount of bounces (for example, on the third bounce)
- ability to shoot opponents rockets/projectiles. god this would own.
- cyclic teleporters, so if you chase an opponent through them you arrive at a different location
- decide duels by damage done, not counting damage absorbed by armour
(Yes I know a lot of these are probably retarded, whatever). Anyone got any ideas?