Hello, fellow Quake 3 and Quake Live players.
As you may know, there are GUI utilities to cut demo files like QLDT and UDT (for protocols 68 and 73). WolfcamQL recently added protocol 90 support. But if you want to cut a demo with it, you have to play it back, then do /record and /stoprecord. QLDT doesn't have protocol 90 support yet and neither did UDT... until now.
What's this about then? What I present you with right now is a command-line demo cutting tool for demo cutting (no analysis features). It's a temporary thing until I can update the main library and GUI utility. It's a brand new codebase and I intend to make lots of changes, so integrating all of it will take a while. We can use this as an opportunity to both fill the gap for a protocol 90 demo cutter and for extensive testing of the core cutter before the GUI version gets upgraded.
- It runs on Windows and Linux.
- It cuts demos with protocols 68, 73 and 90.
- It fixes the long-standing bug UDT had with flickering grenades and bugged door/lift animations.
- It fixes some long-standing bugs UDT had where some enemies would not have any name and potentially some others.
- The Cut by Chat feature is now supported.
- Input times supplied in the command-line are server times. For protocols 68/73, you can use UDT's chat log to find the times.
- Config string server commands are correctly applied, but no score/time manipulations are applied (which might be needed).
This features finds chat message commands and uses their content and timestamp to generate a list of cut sections for your demo. Sections that overlap will then be merged.
To use it, you first bind a key to a specific chat message, e.g. /bind space "say fragmovie!!!". In UDT_cutter's config file, you then set up a rule to match for "fragmovie!!!". When you process your demo with UDT_cutter, it will automatically find the times your cool frag message bind was used, and make a demo for each (non-overlapping) section.
- Contact: you can post here or /query myT on QuakeNet.
- If you see any console message starting with "!!!! ", please provide a link to the demo file that was used.
- If there is any problem specific to a demo, please provide
a) the original uncut demo
b) the start and end cut times used
c) a quick description of the problem
68 --> Quake 3 (latest version)
73 --> Quake Live (old)
90 --> Quake Live (current)
EDIT: The main GUI tool now supports the new code base!
Link: New official ESR thread
Edited by myT at 18:09 CST, 7 December 2014 - 24092 Hits