The GameType Revolution mod team is proud to announce the release of the first version of GTR compatible with the Quake 4 1.4.2 patch. The .70 build will bring lots of new features, maps and will give the player an incredible amount of customization of the game. Some of the more important changes are:
- New gamemodes such as GTR, a more competitive take on VQ4, and GPM, which includes CPM like movement, weapon balance and tiered armor.
- New unlagged netcode
- Voting menu now allows multiple settings to be voted on at once.
- Freestyle mode for speed runs, including run timers and statistics
- New scoreboards customized for each gametype
- Optimized huds
- New versions of classic modes like Freezetag, Deadzone and Clan Arena
- New player models and sounds (Keel is Back!)
- New graphics and sound settings to improve client performance
This release of .70 was a goal we set several years back and though we are extremely happy with the current state of the mod, development will continue and we will keep improving upon the very solid base we have. And we want the community to be as involved as possible. We want your feedback, questions comments, opinions. We want to get the Quake community to be involved in the development as much as possible. Thank you very much for your support and patience.
Links: GTR Site - #GT-Revolution
Edited by xou at 16:33 CDT, 6 May 2011 - 31755 Hits