Scheduled: 09:00 CDT, 29 May 2011 to 17:00 CDT, 29 May 2011
After the success that was the NA QL CTF 4v4 Draft Cup that provided nice games, shoutcasting, VOD's and amusement, we will now provide you with a European version of this concept. Thanks to eri for making a post about it.
Date: Sunday 29th of May
Time: Starting 09:00 CDT - Finishing max. 17:00 CDT
Format: Double Elimination Bracket - 1 Day event
Prizes: None, just a good time! :)
Admins: BlaD3, expialidocious, kinko - If you want to be an admin, please apply
Team Omar ( draven)
KGB 2.0 ( Spart1e)
* Krysa (replaces JCK)
Whores of the Rail ( Fragmaster)
DEAD GAME M8'S( calipt)
Jaz'd ( hazrd)
Carried by Gerppa ( gerppa)
In the butt ( eXodus)
Fisted by deus ( apex)
1. Captains and players of each team should be present in #draft.eu on mIRC at 15.30. There the captains should state, in the channel or in a private message, if the team is complete and ready to play or not.
2. Replacements shall be appointed when teams cannot field 4 players. An appropriate player, thus based on skill level, will be picked as replacement to not imbalance the affected team.
3. All games, also the final, will be played as Best of 3 in maps. No Bo5 will be played due to time limitations.
4. The games will be played in a Double Elimination bracket. If your team has two losses, you are knocked out of the tournament.
5. Voice communications is preferred to be used by every team to not let teams get disadvantaged. If you are too shy to talk against players you donít know, grow some balls!
6. Each match should last no longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes. If it turns out longer, the tournament will face delays. There will also be a food break in between for teams that canít find time to plan one themselves in between their matches.
7. People should act normally in the #draft.eu mIRC channel. Causing spam or being abusive will result in a ban to keep the relevant information in the channel as clean as possible.
8. To prevent players from being left out: If a team has 5 players available at the time of the event and matches, each player should at least play 1 map in every match. The teams can field their strongest 4 players if it goes to a third map, but this rule applies for the first two maps. If a team doesn't follow this rule, the second map played with the exact same lineup, while the other player is forced to sit on the bench, will be DEFAULTED to the opponent.
Map pool: Japanese Castles, Troubled Waters, Ironworks, Courtyard and Shining Forces.
Map pick system: pick, pick, drop, drop Ė the map that is left is the third map.
1. All teams should be on a server at the indicated starting time given by the admins.
2. Match links to the server should be provided to the admins, so they can provide these to streamers and admins to supervise the match.
3. If the server seems unfair for either party, an alternative can be provided, given both teams agree.
4. If one player out of the five each team has, has ping issues that is out of his control (ISP acting up, routing fucked), then that player should not be used as reason to find another server. Each team has five players and all of these players should be used when available.
5. If multiple players have ping issues (not related to ISP or routing being fucked), another server can be provided to provide fair playing grounds.
6. The captains of each team pummel to decide who picks a map first and who second. If the match results in a tie in maps, the team with the most caps can decide who removes a map first of the three remaining maps. If cap difference is also tied, another pummel shall provide the decision.
7. Every player tends to ready up as soon as possible. Donít cause unnecessary delays. We are on a very tight schedule to get every match played within the timeframe we have.
8. Timeouts can be used when needed. Donít abuse it though.
9. If players misbehave and therefor delay the game on purpose, the captain will be asked to replace the player if needed. If entire teams are not acting appropriately, they will risk disqualification in the tournament.
After the match
1. Scores have to be submitted by either one of the captains of a team. It shall then be checked via profiles to confirm and filled in the bracket.
2. When possible the time of the next match shall be given to the captains, so they can do stuff in between and be ready for the next match, without having to check mIRC every 2 minutes.
If you have any further questions about the rules or think something should be added to be clear for everyone, feel free to contact me about it.
Team Omar vs Carried by Gerppa 2-1
Fisted by Deus vs Whores of the Rail 0-2
DEAD GAME M8S vs In the butt 1-2
Jaz'd vs KGB 2.0 2-0
Team Omar vs Whores of the Rail 2-1
In the butt vs Jaz'd 1-2
Fisted by Deus vs Carried by Gerppa 1-2 - Map 1, Map 2, Map 3
KGB 2.0 vs DEAD GAME M8S 2-0
In the butt vs Carried by Gerppa 1-2 - Map 1, Map 2
Whores of the Rail vs KGB 2.0 0-2
Upper Bracket Final
Team Omar vs Jaz'd 2-1 - Map 2, Map 3
Carried by Gerppa vs KGB 2.0 2-0 - Map 1, Map 2
Lower Bracket Final
Carried by Gerppa vs Jaz'd 1-0 (defaulted)
Team Omar vs Carried by Gerppa (CANCELLED)
Update: The Grand Final is cancelled due to conflict between team and admin decision. Refusal to play resulted in the match not being played anymore. Thanks for the game that did get played though! :)
Some VOD's can already be found here: http://www.own3d.tv/Holysh1tTV
Links: Draft Cup - European Version, Brackets - #draft.eu
Edited by BlaD3 at 15:24 CDT, 6 June 2011 - 34077 Hits