The highlights of this update include major optimizations to server traffic and server CPU & memory loads, which will help performance and stability during high player count matches. And also the introduction of casual, competitive (no timers), and experimental rulesets. The change log has more information on what these rulesets entail.
- Netcode optimisations to reduce traffic, this helps previous lag experienced in high player count matches.
- (A lot of) CPU & memory load reductions. This helps with performance (and stability) of high player count matches.
- App is now back to CLI
- Now shows load % to give you an idea of performance.
- Fixed issue where crash reporter was deadlocking
- Added com_logfilename, can use to log console on client/server
- Content browser now keeps selection on hide
- You can now mouse-over a server in the server browser to get a player list of people in server
- re_export export now correctly names images *.png (was previously writing *.tga despite them being pngs)
- Renamed "Callvote: Match" -> "Change Map / Mode"
- Dropped pickups now collide with PLAYER_CLIP
- Added rulesets casual/competitive/experimental (sv_ruleset, sv_startruleset, callvote ruleset)
General bug fixes:
- Adjusted range on FOV slider (was -200 -> 200 now 70 -> 170)
- Fixed reflection probe issue where they occasionally broke across map change -- please rebuild your maps and upload to workshop!
- Fixed issue where IC beam sustain sound wasn't correctly being positioned on 3rd person weapon
- Fixed issue in ATDM where suicide damage was counting towards your points
Editor bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where sky fields were listed twice
- Fixed a bunch of lua errors thrown when bogus values added to edit boxes
- Restored "Apply Selection" UI button in EntityVolumeSelect
- An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments).
- When pre-jumping on angled ramp you'll now be effecting by ramp angle
- Spawn system: increased spawn blocking angle check to 360 & distance to 1024
- IC trace is now "fat" (it has volume, instead of being a point trace).
- IC damage reduced to 5
- Plasma cells now have volume
- Slightly increased Melee range and radius.
- Added casual ruleset designed to just be loaded up and played. It's the default ruleset for Reflex.
- Reduced 1v1 timelimit to 5 minutes and team game time limits to 15.
- Added competitive ruleset designed for competition play
- Item respawn times are not exposed to Lua
- Timelimits are standard 10/20 mins.
- Double kill bug still exists.
- Double flag (!) flag is popping out when people don't die some times, seems releated to double kill bug.
- Triple jumps are apparently are not working in experimental branch.
com_logfilename seems to not be writing everything correctly.
Links: Reflex Forums Post
Edited by entik at 23:51 CDT, 12 May 2016 - 12659 Hits