This is a historical article speculating on the potential for 10 great Quake duel finals that might have been, but ultimately weren't. Despite all the great match-ups we've seen in the series' history, here's a few where a quick rewind and a different finish to a semi-final could have made things interesting in an entirely different way.
10. Strenx's real chance for a major title - Strenx vs. av3k (IEM V European Championship)
9. One last send-off for the last great Quake 3 rivalry - czm vs. Cooller (CPL Winter 2006)
8. The revenge final - Cooller vs. Cypher (IEM V European Championship)
7. The real cold war - uNkind vs. socrates (WCG 2002)
6. A first true meeting for the eventual greatest - rapha vs. Cypher (ESWC Masters Athens 2008)
5. Dethroning the tyrant - toxjq vs. Ztrider (WSVG ISC Summer 2006)
4. The ESWC rematch - Cooller vs. ZeRo4 (QuakeCon 2004)
3. The rematch of the IEM final - rapha vs. Cooller (ESWC 2010)
2. The last chapter - ZeRo4 vs. Cooller (CXG)
1. The American-Russian pairing we never saw - fatal1ty vs. LeXer (QuakeCon 2002)
The article can be read at OnGamers.
Edited by xou at 18:12 CST, 12 January 2014 - 20742 Hits