Edited by Nukm at 16:25 CST, 22 February 2018 - 1554 Hits
2z - clawz, Russia Latrommi, Silencep, Xron
Modus Operandi - clampOK, griffin, sane, venOm
Australia Team - Steej, ZenAku, astroboy, strenx
BYOC - TBD
Liquid - rapha, DaHanG, whaz, winz
WinRar - busdriverx, lithz, Juven1le, Spart1e
Team zR - tuto, mesita, magh, etjx
Stacked - noctis, fazz, toxjq, 2GD
No Drama - cas, Cooller, krysa, Cypher
1z - br1ck, Effortless, Psygib, Pit
24 players – 8 invites, 14 online qualifiers (4 Europe, 4 North America, 2 South America, 2 CIS, 2 Australia-New Zealand), 2 BYOC on-site qualifiers – Sign up now!
Upon completion of all qualifiers, all qualifiers & invited players will be ranked to seed the group stage
Group stage will consist of 6 groups of 4. Top 2 competitors will qualify into 12 man single elimination bracket. The top 4 players from the group consisting of match and round record will get a bye into the first stage of the single elimination bracket.
12 teams – 2 invites, 7 online qualifiers (2 Europe, 2 North America, 1 South America, 1 CIS, 1 Australia-New Zealand), 3 BYOC on-site qualifiers – Sign up now!
Upon completion of all qualifiers, all qualifiers & invited players will be ranked to seed the group stage
3 groups of 4, which the top two of each advancing into a 6 team, single elimination playoff (with the top 2 with the best records higher seeding).
With the December update, the team emphasized their focus on improving the player experience by introducing quality-of-life features, reintroducing the significance of item control, and lowering the barrier to entry.
What has been the best match of your career?
Cooller: Hmm (thoughtful). That wasn't Quake, it was Overwatch. DreamHack Winter 2016, one year ago. I was in the team Misfits and we won the final vs FNATIC. Back then emotions overwhelmed me, that was unforgettable. A huge event in my career. Before that I wasn't winning anything for quite some time.
Currently there are 5 divisions, with room to expand if needed. Players will be able to see their division in all modes, and in ranked play players will see their division rank as well as their MMR value.
When are you going to fix the netcode and hitreg for good? Do you intend to fix rocket launcher no-hit issues (direct and splash damage), or do you think it works fine as it is? What about rocket despawn? When will you fix the stuttering a lot of people experience?
The terms "netcode" and "hitreg" are terms that cover a wide swathe of observable issues, some that don't even involve the network at all. I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about where we're at, and where we're going, so here's a (not so!) brief summary of what's going on!
We started off the Closed Beta period with two major systems being handled on the client: movement authority, and shooting authority. This is a perfectly valid tech design decision, and plenty of high profile multiplayer games have released this way, but we felt uncomfortable with the trade-offs for a game like Quake. We made the decision to start moving systems over to server authority and client prediction, which is similar to previous Quake titles. This is a change that can occur in pieces, and we're still not completely there yet.
One area where we should be seeing more changes is literally how the server is detecting hits (so the term "hit detection" is actually appropriate here!) We currently use an animation-based system where we simulate player animations on the server, and rig up a lower-polygon, fatter version of the champion, independent from armor selection. For the pace of our game, we felt the additional server CPU usage, and the technical complexity of having to sync up the state of the animation bones and blend tree over the network was not worth having the ability to match up hits to the specific animation. Our solution is to transition to using a static mesh for each character state. (moving, strafing, crouching, jumping, etc.) This also makes supporting rollback much simpler, and should result in a more reliable experience on higher pings.
On the subject of rockets, which have been a sore spot for both us and our players, a couple of patches back we made two major changes: we fixed an issue that was causing extra latency when firing rockets, and we also started predicting rockets and local knockback on the client. This is something that's not been a part of Quake before, but we believe that this will make for a much better experience on a non-LAN environment, especially while rocket jumping or using projectile abilities. This surfaced some problems with animations simulating on the server differently than the client, and is what the initial cause of rockets not doing damage was. We've already addressed this by moving rocket collision over to the new static mesh system described above. What remains known now is strictly a client-side issue where the client incorrectly predicts a hit that the server will never detect as valid. This can even occur on LAN, where latency is not an issue. Once this is fixed, this should improve rockets, however due to the nature of client-side prediction, there may still be cases where it predicts wrongly. We'll continue to monitor the situation past this change, and see if any other issues surface.
Additionally, we have also identified a potential fix that causes other players to appear more jittery, even at high framerates. The proposed fix is currently in development, and we're waiting to evaluate the effect it has, but due to the unstable nature of the Internet, sometimes it's not possible to evaluate a fix without actually going through with the implementation and trying it in a real world environment.
Finally, we've also improved bandwidth consumption. I've attached a graph below, measured in a live 8 player TDM over a period of 60 seconds at ~160FPS.
We've reduced the amount of game logs the client sends overall, and have gated certain logs to only trigger collection when the client or the server detects specific issues within the game. Bandwidth usage should continue to improve from here, although we do not consider this issue to be resolved yet.
Hope that clears up some questions!
Will we be able to host our own servers through the server browser? Seems like people have a bad experience on your servers, with high ping. If we can host our own, we can get lower ping and good servers.
We are continually working to improve the network experience for all users, this includes server providers and the code-side, but allowing users to host their own servers is not something we’re focusing on at this time.
In the last livestream, Tim said offline mode wouldn’t be implemented because it’s not secure. Could you develop a stripped-down server binary available offline that only allows for one human local player connection? Would this be a feasible way to have offline mode with bots?
Unfortunately, this particular suggestion would not be feasible, because if you lock it down it can (and will) be hacked, hence it remains a security issue. That said, we’ll continue to look at other possibilities in the future.
What kind of feedback/bug reports are helpful to the dev team to fix netcode issues?
Please include your KSIVA in any and all bug reports. You can locate your KSIVA on the watermark at the bottom of your screen. This is the most useful thing, as this code allows us to look up your game sessions, which provide a wealth of information.
What do you think about QWC pro players almost exclusively using Sorlag, Nyx, Slash, Anarki, and sometimes Ranger and Galena? Would you consider buffing other champions to also be useful in team/duel conditions?
For our very first world championship, we are encouraged with the diversity of Champion picks. That said, we do recognize that we had a few Champions that weren't selected often and we have a lot of small balance changes coming that we hope will bring even more diversity into player's lineups. We also understand that there will always be some Champions that remain more popular with pro players and others that are popular among more casual players.
Slash’s ability automatically moves her forward; will this be changed to allow her to use the ability in the direction she’s already moving? (Backwards, strafing.)
Yes, we plan to keep the speed boost, but not force the direction.
Are you working on a fix to Slash’s crouch slide suddenly stopping if you touch a small bump, e.g. mega health on ?
Yes, when we find areas in levels we make adjustments to the collision to address the issue. We are also looking into her slide code to help resolve a lot of these issues programmatical, but it is difficult to address it in code without also altering how her slide feels, so we have to be cautious in making these changes, so we will continue to address it via map collisions first when possible.
Will we get a champion with a grappling hook?
We all have enjoyed playing CTF from the very beginning, and we are currently making a Champion with a Grappling Hook ability. We look forward to sharing her with all of you.
Will we see any maps with flesh textures? (Like q3dm13.)
Not yet at least. We tried incorporating some into the Dimension of the Doomed themed Goroth maps, but in the end, it felt out of place and was removed. If we decided to add fleshy bits, we would introduce a new environment similar to Q3's Gothic Hell style used on .
When will the next maps be introduced?
We have an Ithagnal Duel map coming out this fall.
Any plans to rebalance item locations on some maps, like ?
After we introduced the Tri-Bolt we found some of the more powerful weapons were too centrally located. We plan on adjusting the item layout to distribute the power throughout and encourage players to make use of more of the map.
Are you planning to incorporate more elements of Lovecraftian lore into future maps? A deathmatch in the ice-choked ruins beneath the Mountains of Madness would be a dream come true!
Absolutely. Tim loves the lore.
Why is there a longer weapon respawn time on ?
This was just a bug that has since been internally fixed, ready for a future update.
What are your plans for the Tri-Bolt? It’s still useless…
We do feel it needs some adjustments. We are currently testing changes to it that we could hopefully roll out soon. Stay tuned for more information.
Will you allow us to change our name through Steam/Bnet?
Name changes will occur in-game, agnostic of platform. This will ideally become an automated service players can access. We’ll share more about this as the feature is closer to release.
Do you have any plans on adding zoom sensitivity settings?
Yes. Zoom sensitivity is a feature that we need to get in quickly. We are speaking with the team and should be rolling this out soon.
Why can’t we queue for FFA with our friends?
Playing against people in your party is open to abuse, where those players can assist you in intentionally raising or lowering your skill rating. As a rule of thumb, you play with people in your party, not against them. You can currently play FFA with your friends in Custom Game.
Are there plans to give players more feedback about their stats in comparison to other players, e.g. leaderboards, divisions, public MMR display or something of the sort?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
Is crosshair customization coming?
Yes, this will be coming sooner than later.
Can we get options to resize/customize HUD elements?
We do not currently have plans for resizing HUD elements, but we do have upcoming plans that would allow players to change HUD styles.
The general feedback I've had from getting newb friends to play is that they are almost always confused by how they died, who killed them and where they were shot from. Are there any plans for a killcam feature or anything that better illustrates how you died?
We understand their struggles, we've seen similar feedback. We have some plans on the backlog that we hope will address these concerns.
For the advanced movement tutorial, would you consider having an indicator similar to the DeFrag cgaz hud or Reflex Arena's accelmeter in order to elucidate to players where they need to move their crosshair?
Maybe, but we haven't started on one yet.
Will we be able to join games as a spectator in the future?
Can we buy shaders with shards?
There may be new premium shaders in the future.
The sell price for vanity items is higher than the number of shards you get for duplicate vanity items. Will this be fixed?
Yes, this will be addressed ASAP.
Will you rework the rune system? I don’t think runes should drop randomly from backpacks. You should be able to play the champions you like to play and work on their runes first.
Runes are intended as a long-term goal for players, but we will continually monitor how players are receiving and completing runes, and look for ways to improve challenges and rewards.
Will there be cosmetic effects? (Abilities, weapon effects, etc.)
The QuakeCon 2017 Lightning Gun is our first example of a weapon with cosmetic effects, and we plan to continue adding custom effects to vanity weapons in addition to their custom sounds.
Can we have per-part shaders for headgear, torso, and legs?
Different shaders for cosmetics would create some technical and performance issues for players, so this is unlikely to be something we’ll enable any time soon.
Will you adjust the shard price for cosmetics now that there are so many more things you can get in loot chests that don’t have a shard value? (Runes, weapon shaders, etc.)
We are continuously evaluating the economy, it is our recommendation that if you see something you want to buy it immediately.
Can we get taunts like in DOOM multiplayer?
Taunts have been in Quake games since Quake 2. We are working on Quake Champion taunts and look forward to rolling them out and getting feedback from players.
Any hints about upcoming modes? (Not CTF.)
We're exploring options for additional modes. Some examples could be Instagib and Clan Arena, but we're evaluating how well these modes play in Quake Champions. We’re always interested in hearing your suggestions for new modes!
When will we have ranked mode?
End of the year.
When will you start sharing more news on CTF?
We just announced that we will be adding CTF. We are currently working on the designs to ensure that it plays the best possible way it can in Quake Champions.
When can we expect the gibbing system we had a glimpse of in the Quakecon video?
Hopefully by the end of the year, and it'll be worth the wait.
ETA on Vulkan support?
Vulkan support is coming along nicely. We're making progress and have the game up and running on it, but we're not ready to share it just yet.
If you didn't get your question answered this time, stay tuned for a future questions thread. (And we might pull some of the really good ones from the previous thread that were posted after the deadline!)
2z vs. NOTOFASTLineups:
clawz vs. vo0
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Destiny 2 PC Open Beta, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, ARK: Survival Evolved, F1 2017, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, and Quake Champions Early Access.
NOTOFAST vs. Team LiquidLineups:
2z vs. The DefendantsLineups:
On August 22, we will be launching Early Access, the next phase of Quake Champions! Below are the patch notes for the Early Access game update, including several fixes, improvements, and features, such as the addition of a new Champion... the DOOM Slayer! As always, please let us know your feedback once the update goes live. We'll be sure to provide server status updates on our launcher, starting with the beginning of maintenance around 5am ET when we'll take the servers down to deploy the update. We anticipate maintenance lasting a few hours and will let you know as soon as the servers are live with the update. The launch of Quake Champions on Steam will also occur on August 22, shortly after the completion of the maintenance window.Update: Available on Steam now!
Rip and Tear your way through enemies with the new DOOM Slayer Champion!
- Active Ability – Berserk
UAC REPORT FILE: D4NUVHA0: Test subjects exhibit extreme rage and increased strength. It has been noted that subjects will vent their rage on any living creature they can find, and will even self-harm if they have no outlet for their fury.
- Passive Ability - Double Jump
Pressing jump a second time while in the air will cause DOOM Slayer to jump again.
Edit: Preview of the 4 skins
- Church of Azathoth
New map available in Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
- New map available in Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
- Following a match, players now migrate to a new Match Lobby to continue playing, unless they opt-out in favor of returning to the Main Menu.
- Added Voice Chat in team modes to improve communication amongst teammates.
- Controls for Voice Chat volume and player muting included.
- Basic Movement training
- Gunplay Overview
- Shooting Gallery
- Directional Input Display Hints & Speedometer options added to Game Settings
- Get unique cosmetics by completing Rune Challenges!
- Open backpacks to earn Runes
- Complete the Rune’s challenge to earn a reward
- Complete all Rune Challenges for a champion to earn a unique reward!
- Earn unique Legendary Skins by discovering Lore Scrolls, hidden throughout each level!
- New Skins for each Champion!
- Earn Lore Skins by collecting a Champion’s Lore Scrolls!
- New Weapon Skins with special effects!
- Many more vanity items!
- Q3 Gauntlet – “Pummel”
- Q1 Nail Gun – “Oscillator”
- Q1 Super Nail Gun – “Perforator”
- DOOM Shotgun – “DOOM 2 Shotgun”
- Q1 Lightning Gun – “Thunderbolt”
- Q4 Nail Gun – “Constructor”
- New Rocket Launcher - “QR3-LL”
- Twitch Rocket Launcher
- Exclusive QuakeCon 2017 Lightning Gun
Log in any time during QuakeCon 2017 to receive this Lightning Gun skin!
- You can now customize the appearance of your weapons.
- New nameplate options!
- Special profile icons for our early access players!
- New profile icons!
- National Flag icons!
- The shop is now open, check back often for new deals!
- HUD improvements
- Overall polish
Watch browser with top streams
Quake Champions Early Access is now on Steam! By purchasing the Champions Pack, you’ll now be able to play the game on Steam using your existing Bethesda.net account.
Play Now Screen
- Removed Tutorial Videos and Search Game from the Tutorial plate
- Fixed issue when Watch Video button did not worked
- Fixed an issue with Lightning Gun where Slash's head was immune to continuous Lighting Gun damage after the first tick
- Fixed an issue where Anarki could interrupt his Injection Ability animation half way through it with any weapon fire
- Fixed an issues with paint on Anarki skins
- Fixed an issue where Clutch would point all weapons downward when jumping and shooting
- Fixed an issue where the player saw part of the geometry when his Champion died
- Fixed an issue where Scalebearer could not be damaged with the Lightning Gun and Railgun
- Fixed an issue where Sorlag would fire throughout her Acid Spit animation
- Ranger’s Mohawk vanity item temporarily unavailable
- Fixed an issue with medals where Slash only earned the Ballet medal for kills with trail tick damage
- Fixed an issue where Totems do not stop projectiles in first-person, but do in third-person
- Various pip cameras issues are fixed
- Vanity attachments added for various sets
- Fixed various issues where shader did not stay applied on attachment
- Fixed an issue when enemies spawned close to each other on Bloodrun
- Fixed an issue where when using Dire Orb, Ranger could teleport inside the Obelisk on Lockbox
- Fixed an issue on Burial Chamber where Obelisk A could float over the surface of floor
- Fixed various issues where Ranger could teleport out of bounds
- Fixed an issue in Corrupted Keep where the user was able to see through the upper wall by Rocket Jumping or teleporting
- Hitboxes adjusted on small Champions and made bigger
- Fixed an issue where players could teleport through geometry by shooting the Dire Orb in vases
- Breakable urns have been placed in Lockbox, Blood Run, and Corrupted Keep.
- Fixed light flickering on Loot Box screen
- Sacrifice: Added power-up control icons to left or right of team's obelisk icon to show which team possess the power-up.
- Sacrifice: Added teammate heads at the top of the spectator HUD
- Sacrifice: Added player names below Champion portraits. Added outline portrait with power-up color (magenta, green). Added yellow soul-glow if they have the soul.
- Duel: Inactive and dead Champion portraits now smaller in relation to the current Champion.
- Duel: Greater emphasis on the red X tint on dead Champions
- Fixed an issue when "New item" indicators are not appearing consistently for unlocked items
- Max spectator cap is now set to 10 in Duel mode
- Fixed an issue where the Party Separator appeared after 5 members join party instead of 4
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the spectator switched pre-setup camera and player camera
- Fixed an issue where the Toggle Spectator hint didn’t work
- Fixed an issue where the random powerup timer showed incorrect icon
- Fixed an issue with player reporting
- Fixed an issue where ignored-user still had follow/invite buttons active
- Added input section for the player being reported
- Fixed DS crash that locked Play Now button at the end of previous game session
- Fixed various crashes when opening Loot Boxes
- Fixed a crash while voting
- Various Memory leak fixes
- Fixed issues when respawning: Dead Champion's bodies will sometimes snap to the user's respawn location
- Fixed an issue where a user’s movement halts briefly when entering a jump-pad
- Fixed an issue where a game may crash when exiting a match in progress.
- Fixed an issue where Spectator players would crash if in free cam mode when all other players leave the match
- Announcer for various languages integrated
- Players can now close soft update warning pop-up
- Various fixes when soft update didn’t work properly
- Fixed an issue where the Medal for first place was given to incorrect player
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t earn Slalom and Disintegrator medals
- Fixed an issue when players saw the teammates marker only when their teammate was in his line of sight
- Fixed an issue in Sacrifice where at the end of a round, the obelisk progress was canceled for a losing team
- Fixed an issue where the old announcer was present during the “15 Frags Left” VO
- Fixed an issue where incorrect set may drop from a Lootbox
- Fixed an issue where the End of Match Podium screen appears empty
- Fixed an issue where Slash’s Plasma Trail visually extends farther for the player placing it than for other players
- Various localization fixes
- Hero lighting on enemies at a distance now brighten to red rather than white, and teammates at a distance now brighten to blue.
- Free floating camera to spawn at the current camera position
- Removed respawn VFX
The team is ready to talk Early Access, the Champions Pack, the Early Access game update, DOOM Slayer, the launch of Quake Champions on Steam on 8/22, upcoming game fixes and improvements, and the future of Quake Champions. In addition, we'll be taking your questions live during the stream. We'll be grabbing questions in Twitch chat, on social media, and here on the forums, so feel free to ask us anything you want.
Disclaimer: List taken from reddit.com, might not be 100% complete or accurate
- A lot more lore is coming to Q:C such as champion rivalries, gods, stuff like that
- There's going to be collectable lore items in the pots
- Beginner levels for people to learn the basics of items and weapons
- You don't leave the match now after it ends! You get sent back to the pillar lobby
- Specific challenges for each Champion that you earn and unlock specific exclusive customization options for them
- Quakecon lightning gun skin: you can get one only if you play during Quakecon, it's free. It's also orange.
- Voice chat added
- New duel map is coming soon (fast, lots of verticality (I wonder if it's a remake of aerowalk))
- Anarki, Nyx and Slash are getting thicc-er hitboxes
- CTF is heavily considered and they would love to add it later on
- Rockets ~should~ be fixed
- You won't lose your customization stuff if you buy it in Early Access (I assume no inventory wipes any more?)
- Doom Slayer won't speak
- No plans for offline bots due to security issues
- A robust crosshair system is being worked on
- vulkan is being worked on, but no ETA given
- maxfps setting is coming
- community maps not coming any time soon
- speed caps are there to stay
- solo players will still be matched against parties in team modes, although they do try to match with other parties first
- they refused to give an answer on whether demos are coming, don't know what to make of this one
On Thursday, August 3rd, at 9am ET, we will be undergoing maintenance to deploy a new patch, which will include several much requested fixes and adjustments for Quake Champions. During the maintenance period, we will need to reset some player data in preparation for a new update.
Player content that will be reset includes: User States (Armors, Weapons, Attachments, Shaders, Currency) and Challenges.
Content that will NOT be reset includes: Champions, Friends, Skill Rating, Nicknames
- New screen layout integrated
- Player can choose multiple game modes in quick match and match-make between them randomly
- Tutorial videos available from Play Now screen
- Player can observe all current in-match players and blocked players
- Player can now blacklist players, which blocks invites from unwanted users
- Player can now ignore user invites
- Player can now report users
- Fixed sync issues involving projectiles and players to decrease amount of miss hits
- Lag compensation implemented for state changes of collision boxes
- Fixed an issue that could occur when the game would not revert to the player’s native resolution when changing to Borderless mode with a lower aspect ratio
- Fixed a localization text issue
- Updated the list of supported video cards for more correct auto-detect
- Fixed an issue where killed players could become stuck in place and invincible
- Fixed an issue where local configurations would not be saved properly when including Cyrillic letters
- Fixed an issue where Champions were not synchronized with moving objects
- Optimized various memory leaks
- Clutch's "Advanced Shielding" passive has been removed
- Clutch's Active Ability cool-down has now been set to 40 seconds
- Clutch’s Health and Armor stats revised: Health from 150/150 to 100/100; Armor from 50/100 to 100/150
- Slash’s Starting Armor increased +25 ap
- Profile Progression: XP requirements tweaked
- Random Drop: Rebalance of drop rates in Backpacks Crates and Reliquaries
- Crafting: Item prices in shards and dismantle values changed
- New effect for Ranger’s Dire Orb
- Fixed a light effect issue affecting Anarki's Banner vanity item
- Fixed an issue affecting audio during Anarki's hover board movement
- Fixed issue that could occur with BJ Blazkowicz’s shooting animation while dual-wielding
- Fixed a twitching animation issue with BJ Blazkowicz after being shot while idle
- Enemies within 120u of the player are outlined
- New Clutch acceleration icon added
- Fixed an issue where rock and drill medals pop without hitting the 1000 damage requirements
- Fixed an issue when RL damage through Clutch's shield
- Fixed an issue when the Lightning Gun shaft bloomed when colliding with geometry
- Fixed a knock-back issue with the Lightning Gun, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Railgun
- Fixed an issue when armor shards didn't fall when the player was killed via Gauntlet
- New weapon pick-up sound, (temporary, will be updated in the future)
- Fixed an issue where the Serial Killer challenge showed the incorrect icon
- Fixed an issue where the player could receive already completed Daily Challenges
- Fixed an issue where Daily Challenges were not showing progress
- Resolved all display issues with the Health and Armor container system
- yaw and pitch mouse settings added to the options screen
- New smaller high resolution enemy arrow indicators
- Improved reliability of enemy arrow indicators
- Fixed an issue where the player count could persist in the lobby
- Fixed an issue where if the player accepted a party invite while in the lobby, he was transferred in custom game
- Fixed issue when Headgear thumbnails are not showing some of the champion's heads
- Early CBT voice back by popular demand
- Red soul widget added into HUD
- Fixed an issue where the Lightning Gun shaft could split into two
- Fixed an issue where spectators saw red markers above the blue team
- Fixed an issue where Clutch’s shield was not visible from 3rd person camera
- X-Ray now turned on by default
- Spectator now sees team-colored outlines on the screen
- Fixed an issue when player spawned in 0 coordinates on second game session
- Fixed an issue when Champion will briefly appear where killed on respawn
- Fixed an issue when full session could stuck on a character presentation screen
- Fixed issue when user movement halts briefly when entering a jump-pad
- Fixed an issue where the draft stage profile level on the nameplate was incorrect
- Fixed an issue where on the death screen, the Champion in the middle always highlighted
- Fixed an issue where the mouse fire input would be stuck if firing between the transition from warmup to Champion selection
- Fixed an issue where the announcer would say "5 minutes warning" at sudden death
- Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not display a time limit
- Fixed an issue when Champion Vanity items did not show when displayed on the podium screen in Duel selection
- Fixed an issue when the announcer says "your pick" when an enemy is picking
- Fixed an issue where the soul pickup HUD marker could persist when the soul isn't on its spawn place
- Fixed an issue where the soul can get stuck in any wall and cannot be picked up when User stands close to the wall
- Fixed an issue where the soul can be placed in overhead platform side mausoleum on Burial Chamber
- Fixed an issue when Soul can become stuck on top of head statue in Side Mausoleum on Burial Chamber
- Fixed an issue when enemy Obelisk marker overlapped soul carried HUD
- Fixed an issue where the soul effect could be seen on the weapon in first person view
- Fixed POI blinking issue
- Fixed an issue where picking up the soul immediately after using an ability would cause VFX to stay, preventing the use of that ability until death
- Fixed an issue where the Obelisk does not have player collision
- Fixed an issue when Global timestamps were missing zero padding
- Fixed an issue when chat didn't work on player presentation screen
- Fixed an issue when auto-scroll always worked with every new message
- Fixed issue when loot-box text was not showing correctly
- Loot Box store visuals improved
- Loot Box openings now include category icons for drops
- Loot Box openings now include voice over announcements for epic and legendary drops
- Various localization fixes
- Removed confidential line from watermark
- Fixed an issue where in Duel lobby, there were no opponents nicknames listed
- Fixed an issue where a player would see his own profile picture on all profile pics in Social screen
- Fixed an issue where the player could follow blacklisted player
- Fixed an issue where the player could get 3 medals Mach Complete and Win during one Duel match
- Fixed an issue where the player could not use print-screen while in full-screen
Today we will be deploying a patch to address a few issues that have appeared along with the deploy of CBT 13. This patch will require us to take the servers down at approximately 3:45pm ET. We do anticipate the maintenance will last a few hours, but we'll let you know as soon as we bring the servers back up.
Anarki: Decreased acceleration while on ground to make him more vulnarable while trying to avoid hits by just strafing left/right in quick succession.
Clutch: Increased downtime of Barrier after firing a weapon to allow more counterplay/interactivity while the Barrier is up. We want players to be able to react when Clutch fires instead of just having to rely on prediction shots and spam.
Clutch: Momentum gain from dodge is now inversly correlated to his current speed in that direction. We enjoy Clutches new and unique mobility options but felt like it was too abusive when chained.
Gelena: Max Health increased from 100 to 125. We are satisfied with the offensive usefulness of totems but wanted increase healing synergy and increase Gelenas general power level slightly.
Nyx: Added a quick transition phase into and out of Ghost Walk during which Nyx will be vulnerable, but more resistant, to damage.
Nyx: Added a quit humming sound when transitioning into Ghost Walk that fades out slowly to allow opponents to chase here slighly easier.
Ranger: Dire Orb will now disappear after dealing damage. While telefrags with the Dire Orb created spectacular moments, it was too random, often impossible to play around for the oppent and invalidated our core gameplay design of health/armor control. This also allows players to willingly step into the Orb, taking damage but denying Ranger the ability to teleport. Overall we hope this chang increases interactivity while bringing down Rangers power level a bit.
Slash: Increased maximum armor from 25 to 50. we feel like it was pretty stupid to have a champions this weak not even being able to fully benefit from one of the major pickups present on each map.
Slash: Increased starting armor from 0 to 25 to bring her powerlevel up to par with other champions.
We update the Champions page on quake.com because it provided outdated information and it was emberassing to not list B.J. weeks after he was introduced to the game. We also added detailed information on how abilities, like Scalebearer Bull Rush, actually work and added lore to explain bsinteractions like Clutch being able to see Nyx through its Barrier
The Ranking below shows how often Champions are picked for a match. For the initial meta report I used proportion of picks for all champions. A Champion that is picked in ever single match will now show as a 100% pickrate instead of 33% of all picks. This should make the numbers more intuitive and show differences more clearly.
The data was collected from the available vods (thanks to plusforward.net and cooke) of the later rounds of the following tournaments: 125 FPS QC Duel Sunday Cup #3 & #4, COOLLERZ Saturday Online Cup #2, ESL Wold Championship NA Qualifier #2 & #3, ESL Wold Championship EU Qualifier #2 & #3 & #4.
Nyx keeps her place at the top with an almost unchanged pickrate of 75%. While her pickrate is still very even across all maps, the numbers show a trend to avoid her on Corrupted Keep (still #1 pick tied with Ranger) which may be affected by Clutch who is picked there especially often. Trailing by only 2% is Ranger, now almost tied for the first place. More players than before are confident to pick him on every map now. If the trend keeps true, Ranger might be the most picked Champion soon.
While Visor also saw a slight increase from 37% to 42%, he is now definitely a tier below the top duo. Blood Covenant is no longer his strongest map and his weakest map, similar to both Nyx and Ranger, is now Corrupted Keep. Up four Ranks is Clutch. People seem to take their time getting comfortable with his new movement, but there is a definite trend here, going from 22% to 28%. Some players, like agent, now play Clutch as a staple while others are only picking him on Corrupted Keep.
Leading the third tier of mediocre champions is Anarki, down from 28% to 22%. Interestingly his former strongest map Blood Run is now his weakist. There is not mich going on with Scalebearer, he gained two ranks but his pickrate remained the same. Sorlag goes down from 25% to 16% and is now most prominent as a flex pick on Corrupted Keep but not seen all too often. Down 4 ranks, only half as less popular as before, is B.J.. Note that despite the nerf to his dual wield and the following abandonment, his 30% pickrate on Corrupted Keep (compared to 13% on his second best map) remained unchanged!
Gelenas pickrate manages to go down even further, from 7% to 5% and she is now almost on Slash level at all maps but Blood Run (13%). Speaking of, Slash goes from 2% to 4% and remains irrelevant.
Nyx is by far the most picked champion so far. On every map. In fact her pickrate is only mimimally affected by map picks and is picked by players in 3/4 matches at the moment. More surprising then Rangers second place is Visor coming in third. He is picked most often on Blood Covenant.
The two champions with aircontrol find themselves at place 5 and 6 in the ranking. Their pickrate seems to be tied to certain players, it will be interesting to see if more players will warm up to them over time.
Both B.J. Blazkowicz and Scalebearer are very map dependant picks, they see a lot of play on the small Corrupted Keep and are barely touched on Blood Run.
On the Bottom we have Gelena and Slash. While Gelena seems to have found a niche on Blood Run, Slash was ignored by everyone. Everyone but hell and chypher that is who tried their luck with her on Ruins of Saranth.
AP: Our immediate focus is on improving the performance, network code, and stability of the game and implementing our latest gameplay balances. Making the game more responsive improves the quality of play for all players, and it is important to implement our more recent balance adjustments for Champions and weapons before the Quake World Championships qualifiers begin June 29th. While we will continue to update the game and bring improvements throughout the summer, we will want to limit the amount of balance adjustments we make while qualifiers are underway.
Looking beyond this week, two of our largest priorities remain Onboarding and Progress Loops. Our onboarding efforts include additional tutorials, training maps, and UI/UX improvements to build a better user experience for all our future newcomers. The implementation of new progression loops introduces new game systems we’ve designed to keep players coming back throughout the week, every week.
Meanwhile, our art teams are hard at work at generating additional content such as costumes, weapons, and vanities, keeping your loot boxes full of new items to earn, and our animation team is hard at work on… some big surprises.
I would love to play him but next to Scaley and Sorlag he is like 2x easier to hit and his passive is sadly pointless (damage reduction)
AP: Coming soon: Clutch has a new passive, a hydraulic Dodge, as well as a second-stage trigger to his active ability, we call the Plasma Mining Drill. The combination brings some much needed mobility and offense to our power hungry robot. Rejoice.
AP: We have already made several changes to Sacrifice in anticipation of the tournament, and plan on making a few additional improvements before the Quake World Championships. Duel we are continuing to receive feedback and will be making adjustments to the mode as necessary, but in general we don’t want to make many major gameplay changes to modes, Champions, or weapons during the qualifiers. There will be opportunities to consider minor changes between regionals and QuakeCon, but most sweeping changes would follow the tournament.
Given that tournaments will always be a part of Quake’s life, in the future we plan on building that cadence of updates into our tournament schedule, such that we have a preseasons to test changes, and major additions such as new Champions won’t be made available in the immediate tournament seasons.
JB: Quake Champions will indeed be released on Steam. You will still be required to have a linked Bethesda.net account, but users playing the game from Steam will not go through the Bethesda.net launcher. During the current beta period the game will only be available through the Bethesda.net launcher.
Welcome to the Quake Champions Beta! We’ve made a lot of changes in this build, many of which we just revealed at the Bethesda E3 Showcase! The first big change is that beta is now open 24/7! That means you can just in and play any time you want, unless we have a maintenance window or are deploying a future patch. We’ll keep you in the loop about any planned outages.Additional Info:
We’ve also added a LOT of goodness. Here’s the list of other new additions that you can check out right now:
B.J. Blazkowicz added to the Champion roster!
• Dual Wield (Active)
BJ calls for back-up and answers his own call. Double [censored] weapons, BJ takes turns firing them in rapid succession to lay down some heavy fire, but he will burn through some serious ammo to do so.
• Regeneration (Passive)
BJ can regenerate any damaged health inside one 25 HP block, if he doesn’t receive damage for 3 seconds.
• 100 / 100 HP
• 25 / 50 AP
• 310 -> 560 ups
• Customizations includes 3 outfits and 1 vanity item.• New weapon added – The Tri-Bolt!
o The Tri-Bolt fires three bolts armed with timed explosives. Each bolt fires in quick succession, allowing the user to concentrate or spread the fire as needed.- Lockbox added -- a new Ithagnal themed arena for Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
- Blood Run added -- a new Volkerh themed Duel arena
- Corrupted Keep added -- a new Goroth themed Duel arena- Party with friends to play private matches on the arena and game mode of your choice!
- Party Leaders can pre-configure teams in the Match Lobby by dragging players between pillars.
- Start Match button will be disabled if the amount of players present is lower than required
- Start Match button will be disabled in Duel mode if players don’t have 3 Champions available• Spectator mode added within Custom Game!
o Invite friends to your party and drag them to the Match Lobby Spectator Box to allow them to spectate the match.
o Spectators can toggle camera modes between players, rooms, and free-float by pressing [L. SHIFT].
o Players can cycle through players or rooms with [LEFTARROW] and [RIGHTARROW] or by pressing - number keys for specific players or rooms.
o Spectators can press [X] to toggle x-ray outlines to see players locations through walls to help follow the action.• Added Tutorials section.
• Updated Loot Box Store
• New Shader Customization preview icons (now correctly matching their patterns)• We have added the first three videos in our series of Beta Tutorials – “Welcome to Quake Champions,” “Health, Armor, & You: Controlling Your Stack,” and “Power-Ups: Turning the Tides of War.”
• These videos are currently accessible by clicking the Movie icon on the Main Menu.• New initial spawn points in Duel for Ruins of Sarnath
• Adjusted item placements on all maps affecting all modes
• Fix for not being able to pick-up armor shards or the Soul until only after their bounce animation ends• Added new music set for the Dimension of the Doomed (Goroth themed maps: Burial Chamber, Corrupted Keep)
• Added music set for the Netherworld (Ithagnal themed maps: Lockbox)• A party of more than two players may enter a Duel lobby. The Start Match button is not disabled if the extraneous players remain present on the pillars instead of being moved to Spectator. Players who are still stuck on the podium after two Duel players are selected will be presented with an error message that you've been "kicked from the match." Upon receiving this error, you will need to restart the client to continue playing.
Match limit is now “Best of 3 Rounds”In-game:
Obelisk capturing time limit has been adjusted to 2 minutes
Score limit per round is now set at 1 point
Contested time when at 99% has been increased to 3 seconds
Fixed player sorting on the end-game Sacrifice scoreboard. Player ranks are now sorted properly by XP, instead of deaths.
Fixed post-match scoring events. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place win. Match complete XP gain now works correctly
Additional logs added to investigate incorrect spawn pointsUI:
Fixed an issue in the Duel spawn code that would result in a player respawning too closely to their killer.
Fixed a server crash that could occur when Scalebearer (while in active ability) was telefraged by Ranger’s orb
Fixed an issue where Gauntlets produced excessive damage
Made improvements to address a delay found when firing the Rocket Launcher
Server IP has been removed from the beta watermarkTech:
Fixed Nyx leg animation in the presentation screen
Fixed issues with incorrect visualizations of weapons in PiPs
Ready state timer has been reduced to 5 seconds
Fixed issue where a white display appeared when launching the gameSound:
Added additional sound effectsKnown Issues:
Fixed Obelisk explosion sound
In Battle Report sorting does not sort by XP
Final medals are missing from battle report. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
“...We wanted to make [the champion abilities] additive to the experience, not replacing the experience,” Quake Champions creative director, Tim Willits, told me following my time with the game. “We feel that it's a good bridge between our hardcore Quake fans that would murder us if we messed with the formula,” Willits half-joked, “but it also has something that is new and a little bit more modern.”
This build is being deployed as a "test" version.
To enable test versions, right click on Reflex in steam and go to properties.
In the "betas" tab, use the dropdown box to select the public test branch.
Steam will automatically update you to test versions when available.
Note that test versions will often be more unstable than release versions and are not recommended unless you're having problems with the latest retail build.
Callvote is now properly implemented. Use vote_yes and vote_no commands to vote.
"callvote map" now gives a list of maps on the server. It doesn't actually fit in the console properly, but it's there.
"callvote mode" now gives a list of modes on the server.
Brightened enemy outlines (and made friendly blue and enemy red)
Names on scoreboard are now colored by team.
Reduced end of game scoreboard time from 30 to 10 seconds.
Removed over 500MB of unused assets. This should significantly improve things for people with older GPUs.
Obligatory "fixed a couple of memory leaks"
Refreshrate command now works as expected again.
Cleaned up some of the fullscreen<->windowed issues.
Significant changes to input system.
This should hopefully fix some of the input lag/inconsistency/stuttering some players have been having.
We're after feedback on how the input is feeling for people now so please give us your thoughts at @ http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/to...-feedback/
Added a few more dialog boxes for crashes.
Added "r_decals" command. Setting this to 0 will increase your fps, especially if there are lots of exploding robots around.
Greatly increased max gamestate count on server. This should help reduce "disconnect on connect" bugs we are getting.
Updated editor's "nolight" texture to be at least a little bit visible.
ContentBrowserHack now has a search box (thanks Bonuspunkt)
Added default game binds:
F1 - Vote yes
F2 - Vote no
F3 - Ready
Added default editor binds:
T - Chat
Y - Team chat
6 - Create Pickup
Removed default resolution from game.cfg.
Mouse speed slider now goes up to 50.
Added hud_* commands with some basic settings for controlling the vote/chat boxes.
Added new crosshairs.
Crosshair style can be selected using cl_crosshair 1-16.
Crosshair color can be selected using cl_crosshaircolor 1-6
Crosshairs are stored in /game/base/internal/hud/hud_crosshairs_c.dds if you feel like creating your own.
Fixed health pickups on xfdm2
Removed lava effects that were causing performance issues on cpm3.
Included community maps submitted through the forum thread @ http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/to...lick-this/
r_refreshrate is actually still broken if you alt+enter repeatedly.
There can be a slight lag when connecting sometimes.
Players can connect and be using an axe but it will look like a burst gun to others.
There is no replay on the main menu because the replay format changed.
So there's been a bit of hype surrounding Reflex Early Access. Yes, it's hitting soon -- we've just got to wait for Valve to approve it.
You'll be able to grab yourself a copy a play immediately but before you do, you should be aware of what you're paying for.
When we say Early Access, we mean it. The game is playable but still completely unpolished and you won't see any huge difference between the Early Access build and what you've seen in the trailer/streams.
We don't have all the modes. The weapons are not final. The UI is ugly and basic. The editors don't support even half of the features we have planned for them. A lot of the sounds are pretty crappy. Most of the art is missing. We don't have matchmaking. We don't have bots.
In short, the game is going to be rough. Game development is a slow process, especially for a small, unfunded indie team. Reflex is not competition ready and won't be for a while yet. It's not ready to support a large scene.
For now, it's fun. It's playable. You can build maps. You can watch replays.
But it is a long way from finished.
You have been warned ;)
Crafted for 4v4 Team Deathmatch,also supports for Free For All, Clan Arena, Freeze Tag, and Red Rover.
Making a return to their TDM roots the authors of Purgatory and Limbus, 'akm' and 'Yellack', bring us the gothic beauty of Arcane Citadel. Here combatants battle for control between the moon-lit quad courtyard and the perilous battle-suit pit, and with no Railgun in sight, players must fully commit to their fight if they wish to regain control of lost territory. Arcane Citadel also comes with its own mood music, a new sinister sounding music track by re:deep.
has been designed for Duel, and includes additional support for Free For All, Team Deathmatch (2v2), Clan Arena, Freeze Tag, and Red Rover.
Ferdinand 'cityy' List, the author of Silence, debuts his latest duel arena, Cure, in Quake Live. Cure is set in a mid-century European village where an abandoned post-war sanatorium resides. Twisting halls leading through and between highly vertical multi-tiered alleyways, commonly result in visceral close quarter combat as players stragetically chose their paths through this spacious villa.
Cure has been designed for Duel, and includes additional support for Free For All, Team Deathmatch (2v2), Clan Arena, Freeze Tag, and Red Rover.
excels in Clan Arena matches ranging from 2v2 up to 8v8, and has unique item layouts and additional support for Free For All, Duel, Team Deathmatch (2v2), Freeze Tag, and Red Rover.
Repent is a new Clan Arena map from id Software. Set in the bowels of a decaying place of worship, the forgotten elder god who calls this cathedral home has grown angry and jaded towards mankind in his years of solitude. Refusing to be cast aside and banished to the nether realms, he now holds together his decaying cathedral with every ounce of power left in him.
By the way ))) I had alot of SM offers to play in there teams, but now i ofically can say, that im not going to continue to play SM atl all!
i dont feel, i can play competevly with young motivated players...so i let them play )
Ha! eSports is a tough area! Cooller made a comeback though, so you never know.and cypher answers
to be honest, i dont wanna repaet his career wih retiremnts and come backs, if i will leave i will leave )
[flag=se] Sweden [flag=se] Sweden [flag=nl] Netherlands [flag=se] Sweden [flag=pl] Poland [flag=pl] Poland [flag=fr] France [flag=de] Germany [flag=de] Germany [flag=uk] United Kingdom [flag=cz] Czech [flag=it] Italy [flag=cz] Czech [flag=cz] Czech
Team Austria - t1e - Only applicant
Team Belgium - malaka - Only applicant
Team Czech Republic - flatecek Only applicant
Team Germany - Yellack - Only applicant
Team Denmark - zcn - Only applicant
Team Spain - Alpert - More votes
Team Finland - frs - Only applicant
Team France - Zerg-Spirit - Only applicant
Team Croatia - kinko - Only reasonable applicant
Team Hungary - Murdock - Only applicant
Team Italy - fl4sh - More votes
Team Netherlands - eXodus - Only applicant
Team Poland - Morpheus - Only applicant
Team Portugal - ins - Only applicant
Team Russian Federation - CTAPOCTA - More votes
Team Sweden - dibbe- Only applicant
Team Slovak Republic - JoCKo - Only applicant
Team Ukraine - tripleSex - Only applicant
Team United Kingdom - Realf1re -Only applicant